May 27, 2011

TGIF

OK its a HUGE garage sale weekend and I am getting ready yes it does need preparation SO I decided to give you all a HUGE Garage Sale101 List of things you need to know .
SO Here it is
                                                        Garage Sale 101                                                                                    
1. Be ready before hand this means the whole day before this is what you need.
 - wallet FULL of change and have your bills ready too but don't carry anything over $20.00 bills .
 - be fueled up (when garage sales are open at say 9:00am be there at 8:45 the early bird does get the worm )
2. Dress in layers you never know what the weather may be like and you don't have time to change .
3.Put your poker face on . I suggest wearing a hat or sunglasses . This is serious people .
4. Bring a snack and drink . WARNING to not drink too much there is NO time for pee stops . Water is just so you do not get dehydrated , like in case of a emergencies .
5. This is not a social hour no small talk . Move in check it out and get your stuff and on to the next one . Time is ticking people . HELLO !!! You might miss something good.
6. Traffic rules are meant to be broken this day . So driving down a street in reverse is acceptable for a good one .Quick and sudden stops happen . No seat belts or "FAKING IT " . Hanging your head out the window and telling people to move it or lose it .  OK use common sense and watch for children they are out too . OK on a occasion or two or three I may have had traffic rage and had the urge to throw stuff at people or flip a finger but refrained from doing it
7. Serious saling means no kids allowed . Come on how can you work a productive day with them around .Just saying this is serious . Just make sure you bring them home something .
8.Barter no deal is final . Work it like you are in Mexico .But do not be disrespectful .
9. Just because its does not have a sale tag on does not mean its not for sale . EVERYTHING is for sale for the right price . So just ask . This is no time to be SHY !
10.Remember everything can be repainted or re purposed use your imagination ! This will be your best finds .
11.Just because there is  a sale you do not have to stop do the drive by you are allowed one drive by before its just creepy or weird .
12.RAIN days are the best your competition will be low as well as the prices .be brave and go out . Because you will never no what you might miss out on .
13.Package deal if you are buying more then one thing offer them a package deal price .
14. ALWAYS  go out with a budget on your day and can only break the budget if you will never find another one or will carrying regret forever .
15. Trying on clothes over top is acceptable .But keep your own clothes on .
16. Never ever ask to go into someones home . SORRY that's wrong on all levels .No pee breaks or anything . This is so rude and disrespectful to the person and their family . FIND a public washroom or family members home close. Or do the discreet pee behind a bush some where .
17.If you pull up and find something that you really like and they are not going down .Either suck it up and bite the big one or show up at the end of the day if they are really wanting to get rid of it and its still left and you should get a lower price and if not . WHY is it in there garage sale to begin with .
18. You have the right to ask if its still working and if they would plug it in for you to see. And if they will not . DO NOT BUY I REPEAT DO NOT BUY .
19. WASH all the items you bring home . PLEASE its for your own good . You do not know the previous life the item had . PLEASE wash it !!!
20. Leave the  engine running !!! Sorry mother earth I try to be kind to you every other day ,but I need a quick get away as well as its nice to be one step head of everyone else leaving too.

So there is my list of 20 I know theres so much more knowledge I can share with you but there much more garage saling head so I will keep updated and  share my wisdom with you . I have many years of garage saling in me I was brought up young with it .Yes my mom broke one of my rules and that what makes me the BEST garage saler that I am today . THANKS mom .I must say I never always appreciated the garage sale as I do now too .  I will share my knowledge with my kids some day but for now. I need this time for me to unwind .
I really think garage saling is kinda like a sport but with no special equipment required. We are the hunters and we are out to catch the BIG one . When you know of a good sale you keep it a secret and keep going back for your self . Just like the good spot for deer. Although garage saling is like a team sport too but bring the MOST trust worthy .Share with everyone in your group what you maybe looking for and they can help you scope it out much quicker then working alone. Just because you do not have enough room in your unit does not mean you should decided to make the purchase most people will let you buy now and get later . But pay up front so they do not sell the item on you and go back when you say cause they are doing you a favor .Also don't knock it until you have tried it .
 So until next weekends garage sales . HAPPY BUYING !!!and good luck .

No comments:

Post a Comment